e240 vibration

e240 1998 auto.at around 1200 and 2000 rpm i have developed a vibration through the car.it felt like prop uj or bearing vibration but you dont have to be moving.ive checked the engine and box mounts
and its running smoothly so i assume its fireing on all (12) plugs.ive code read it and its clear.any ideas?
I would clean the AFM meter... use the AFM cleaner.

deteriorating. I seem to recall that the engine would vibrate some time before it broke up. By then, it was a costly repair.
However, just checking it was simple enough and inexpensive. You say the engine runs smoothly so this does not seem to be the cause, but I would check, just in case.
WY
thanks for the response WCY,what is a harmonic balancer and where is it found-i have not come across this befor
"apache" wrote
> e240 1998 auto.at around 1200 and 2000 rpm i have developed a > vibration through the car.it felt like prop uj or bearing > vibration but you dont have to be moving.ive checked the > engine and box mounts and its running smoothly so i assume its > fireing on all (12) plugs.ive code read it and its clear.any > ideas?

For harmonic balancer, see first http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_balancer then, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W210
And you can get an idea. Hope this has been of help. WY