E270 CDI Auto

I have a 2002 E270 CDI Auto the problem i have been having is that i can bedriving normally then for no apparent reason the car will not exceed 60 mph stays arround 2000 rpm and
will not change down even on kickdown (cosiquently it slows down on uphill gradients allthough i can change down manually) if i leave it for say half an hour and go for a coffe it is as right as rain for a week or two then the same thing happens again (I havent tried going for tea instead yet)
anyone got any idea what i should check or get checked
I would probably suspect the fuel filter and the fuel tank screen. Good possibility you got alot of algae in the fuel tank. I would use algaecide in the fuel tank to clean it out. It pretty much starves your engine of fuel.

cheers for that i will try it