E320 210 mercedes rear view mirror???

Hi

Can someone possibly help me. my son knocked off my rear view mirror and i am having dreat trouble putting it together again. There seems to be two metal clips but i cant see where they go. I can clip the two plastic halves together but it seems quite wobbly without those two clips in the right place.

Regards

Si

Reply to
paddyoli

avi8tor01

It is the internal Rear view mirror and the model is 1996 W210. the mirror has the red and green lights and the remote censor in the centre. I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Si

Reply to
paddyoli

Are the two clips from the inside of the mirror? The mirror has a ball joint. The ball is on the roof and two plastic halves are pressed against the ball. You may lost a spring from the inside of the mirror.

Marcus E320 '96

Reply to
Jack ElTako

Hi

Yes the clips came from inside the mirror. they are two clips about 3 inches long and maybe an inch wide. The ball joint is fine, i believe these clips must hold the black plastic plate that is part of the ball joint to the mirror. I can clip the two halves together, but the mirror is slightly wobbly with out these clips, but i cant see where they go.

Regards

Si

Reply to
paddyoli

Mine was the same. The solution was, when snapping it back together over tha ball joint, to do it *lower". When snapped together high on the joint, it would continue to wobble. There as something about the position that made a difference in how it is set for use.

btw, The two metal items are still out. They seem to be some sort of glide rather than sprint or clip. But w/o a diagram I can't be certain. Still, it works without them.

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead