E320 210 mercedes rear view mirror???

Hi
Can someone possibly help me. my son knocked off my rear view mirror and i am having dreat trouble putting it together again. There seems to be two metal clips but i cant see where they go. I can clip the two
plastic halves together but it seems quite wobbly without those two clips in the right place.
Regards
Si
What year....which mirror?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It is the internal Rear view mirror and the model is 1996 W210. the mirror has the red and green lights and the remote censor in the centre. I hope that helps.
Kind regards
Si
On 21 Jan 2006 09:03:42 -0800 you wrote:

Are the two clips from the inside of the mirror? The mirror has a ball joint. The ball is on the roof and two plastic halves are pressed against the ball. You may lost a spring from the inside of the mirror.
Marcus E320 '96
Hi
Yes the clips came from inside the mirror. they are two clips about 3 inches long and maybe an inch wide. The ball joint is fine, i believe these clips must hold the black plastic plate that is part of the ball joint to the mirror. I can clip the two halves together, but the mirror is slightly wobbly with out these clips, but i cant see where they go.
Regards
Si
Mine was the same. The solution was, when snapping it back together over tha ball joint, to do it *lower". When snapped together high on the joint, it would continue to wobble. There as something about the position that made a difference in how it is set for use.
btw, The two metal items are still out. They seem to be some sort of glide rather than sprint or clip. But w/o a diagram I can't be certain. Still, it works without them.
Collin