E320 A/c Compresor Leak Followup?

Recently I asked this group for advise about my a/c on my e320 , (99 k mi) not functioning.just before a hot 1000 mile trip.. Local MbZ dealer insisted that my compressor was leaking and should be
replaced at a cost of $1600....No way !; Cost $118 for this service.advise ,I left with it blowing hot air ! Several responders ( including Tiger) suggested that I take my car to a a/c shop,for a second opinion.,which I did... Using Dye and glasses and snifters no leak was found.They charged the system and it has been fine ,cold/cold for 2 weeks. I tried to discuss and haggle with the MBZ service mgr for a refund ,he wold not listen. .He insists that his mechanic said the compressor leaks and regardless if it works now that it will eventfully leak again sometime in the future. ......I was stumped...Why didn't they at least recharge it and let me worry about it whenever it happens on the trip ?? Can anyone tell me when my compressor will leak badly enough to be replaced,so I can trade my beautiful car before then ???
Don't fret about compressor. They can be obtained at a very reasonable cost. Since they didn't find any leak, it must be a really slow leak. Just drive as usual and when the AC doesn't work as well, we'll rediagnose the problem.
$1600! LOL... I bought my compressor...brand new... even though aftermarket, it fits perfect and $99... LOL... it works.

http://www.eclassbenz.com/node/27 read this....then, perform the on-board diagnostics in Part 3, including trouble codes and post the results.