E320 CATALYTIC CONVERTER

I have a '99 E320 4matic Sta Wag with about 90,000 miles. I am thinking it is about time to have the exhaust system worked on. Is there a better setup than the 2 catalytic converters on each side that
goes into one muffler and one resonator? It seems this would have to be very restrictive.
The factory setup is efficient.... especially on cleaning up the emission...two is better than one.
Why do you need to have exhaust done? Do you have a hole? MB exhaust system are super duty that should last over 100,000 miles easily. Alot of time, it is the compression joint that got loose.

YES, THERE IS A HOLE FORMING IN REAR PART OF THE EXHAUST AND IT IS GETTING CLOSE TO THAT 100,000 MILE MARK. Clyde
MB muffler are double walled... so a hole on outside may not means hole on inside wall. If possible, I'd weld it to repair it.
Exhaust system for W210 is not available aftermarket... not sure why... I can't find any so far.
http://www.racepages.com/rp_custom/cc_basket.php?makeid &modelidC6&year99&catalogtalytic_converter