E320 CDI Heated seats

    Hi all,
I have a E320 CDI Estate (UK RHD Model) , it's a May 2001.
The lights on the switches com on for the heated seats, but they no
longer get warm.
Any ideas PLEASE.
Have you also tried ringing a dealer/workshop? My local garage, Mercedes Park Royal (West London) is great with such things.
DAS
"I Love Tarts" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Car is still under warranty... go to dealer.
Doubt it. UK warranty was three years at the time, if I am not mistaken.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.comn> wrote in message
news:k8cgf.27274$ snipped-for-privacy@fe12.lga...
Only 3 years?! Yikes... we yankee got better warranty and cheaper than those Brit's Mercedes?!
If that suprises you, how about this:
I bought my car in Germany (2001) (and exported to UK) and got only the standard one-year manufacturer's guarantee.
However, a telephone-cradle issue after the year that could have cost up to GBP 400 in the UK and was not, strictly, a warranty issue, was handled foc by my dealer in Germany. I did have to drive back there but it was no real hardship since I go there several times a year.
And the three years in the UK are made up of one year manufacturer's and two years dealer's. That means invalid outside UK. (This was 2001/2002 - things might have moved on.)
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.comn> wrote in message
news:Hdrgf.79098$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
Whoa! That's even worse. I can't imagine that... So the 2 extra years of warranty is dealer specific? Not all UK Mercedes dealer?

There are very few makes give three years manufacturers warranty in the UK. Mainly Japanese ones who trust their product if I remember correctly.
Neb
When I were a lad and anti-rust warranties started coming in Merc held out for a long time before giving one. In this time a (non-Merc!) survey showed that Mercs were least likely to rust.
<Sigh> I suppose things have changed...
DAS
"Nebulous" < snipped-for-privacy@pigtail.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...
Not sure (whether one dealer or all UK dealers). Perhaps somebody else who bought a car new in the UK in the past couple of years will chime in with the current info.
In Europe we do have MobiloLife, which is better than a kick in the pants. http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/after_sales/our_best_kept_secret/mobilo_life_explained.0002.html
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/after_sales/our_best_kept_secret/mobilo_life_explained.html
I haven't had a call to use this yet.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.comn> wrote in message
news:cP5hf.79487$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
With a few exceptions, your MB main dealer is NOT owned, ran or associated with Mercedes Benz (the company) other than by the product it sells. i.e., Argos sell Sony DVD players but it's not part of the Sony corporation. So when your car has any warranty work done, your dealer sends the bill to someone else. MB UK in our case. As MB UK supply main dealers with the cars they sell, they foot the bill for any repairs they accept as warranty for a period defined by them. This period is different from country to country as set out by individual marketing laws or marketing requirements. So next time your main dealer won't fix something they believe is not warranty. It's because the dealer knows it won't get paid to do the job. How many businesses, employing around 60 people, do you know would write off 15000 per month in unpaid debts?

Actually your are mistaken. All main dealers in London, Birmingham and Manchester are owned by MB, as are many (all?) in Germany. I don't know about other countries.
However, your point about reimbursement may still be valid in that the stores are probably run as a stand-alone business.
DAS
"Lee" < snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:nophf.2183$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
Those were the sites I was referring to as the few exceptions. MBUK chose the biggest MAC's for themselves. The other MAC's are owned by independents. Usually in groups of 4 dealer sites per investor. Though the big players, like Inchcape and Pendragon have more.

This may actually be a good thing.
It is much healthier to not excessively warm the gonads.
.
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:46:00 +0000 you wrote:

Please check the connection between the cable from the car and the connector on the seat. Check if there is power on the cable or not. If so, the heating is damaged.
Marcus E320