E320 CDI Heated seats

Hi all,

I have a E320 CDI Estate (UK RHD Model) , it's a May 2001.

The lights on the switches com on for the heated seats, but they no longer get warm.

Any ideas PLEASE.

Reply to
I Love Tarts

Have you also tried ringing a dealer/workshop? My local garage, Mercedes Park Royal (West London) is great with such things.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Car is still under warranty... go to dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

Doubt it. UK warranty was three years at the time, if I am not mistaken.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

This may actually be a good thing.

It is much healthier to not excessively warm the gonads.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Only 3 years?! Yikes... we yankee got better warranty and cheaper than those Brit's Mercedes?!

Reply to
Tiger

If that suprises you, how about this:

I bought my car in Germany (2001) (and exported to UK) and got only the standard one-year manufacturer's guarantee.

However, a telephone-cradle issue after the year that could have cost up to GBP 400 in the UK and was not, strictly, a warranty issue, was handled foc by my dealer in Germany. I did have to drive back there but it was no real hardship since I go there several times a year.

And the three years in the UK are made up of one year manufacturer's and two years dealer's. That means invalid outside UK. (This was 2001/2002 - things might have moved on.)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Whoa! That's even worse. I can't imagine that... So the 2 extra years of warranty is dealer specific? Not all UK Mercedes dealer?

Reply to
Tiger

There are very few makes give three years manufacturers warranty in the UK. Mainly Japanese ones who trust their product if I remember correctly.

Neb

Reply to
Nebulous

Not sure (whether one dealer or all UK dealers). Perhaps somebody else who bought a car new in the UK in the past couple of years will chime in with the current info.

In Europe we do have MobiloLife, which is better than a kick in the pants.

I haven't had a call to use this yet.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

When I were a lad and anti-rust warranties started coming in Merc held out for a long time before giving one. In this time a (non-Merc!) survey showed that Mercs were least likely to rust.

I suppose things have changed...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Lee

Actually your are mistaken. All main dealers in London, Birmingham and Manchester are owned by MB, as are many (all?) in Germany. I don't know about other countries.

However, your point about reimbursement may still be valid in that the stores are probably run as a stand-alone business.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Please check the connection between the cable from the car and the connector on the seat. Check if there is power on the cable or not. If so, the heating is damaged.

Marcus E320

Reply to
Jack ElTako