E320 check engine light

I recently bought a 95 E320 and the check engine light came on when it was due for scheduled service. Since I do my own work I want to reset the light but I can't find any info on how to do it.

Any help is appreciated.

Al.

Reply to
Al Schwerin

CE lamp has nothing to do with service sched. It means the ECU diagnostic module has detected a Fault in the Engine power train control system. There is a led/sw combo under the hood that allows user access to get the codes. There are 28 CE lamp codes and once they are retrieved, the fault can be identified/remedied and the CE lamp cleared/erased.

Reply to
AJDalton7