E320 Climate Control

I get cold air on the passenger side and not so cool air on the driver side of my 96 E320. A mechaninc friend of mine said he found the same problem
in the E300 Diesel, but couldn't find out why. Any suggestions?

First, this can happen if you are low on refrigerant. Second, and more likely if the temp difference is severe (cold one side, hot the other side), is the heater water duovalve.

How about a vacuum leak on one of the flappers that control the air flow?
If the car uses vacuum for this system :~)
Marty