E320 code P0170

Hi, this car has 37K miles and runs good but occasionally gives me a check engine light with either a code P0170 or P0173 Fuel trim malfunction. Can
anyone tell me what this is and how I can fix it? I can't really afford to take it in unless I have no other options. Thankyou
Do'h!! typo, should be P0170, not P0710.....

1999 California car
"Me" <mikebhoffatcomcastdotnet> wrote in message

Ouch..... if I remember right, for the 99 model year, only the C230 is covered for the air mass. I will let you know tonight.
"Me" <mikebhoffatcomcastdotnet> wrote in message

Sometimes this can be as simple as a loose gas filler cap. Other times not. Before running to the garage inspect the seal and make sure that you are closing it tightly when filling the tank.
"Me" <mikebhoffatcomcastdotnet> wrote in message

99.999999% its gonna be the mass air flow sensor,see all the time here in the shop where i work.
You're right it WAS the MAF which I removed and very very very carefully cleaned with a (smoking) pipe cleaner. It's been about a year and no new codes!
'97 E320
Don't mean to sound too ignorant about this but the MAF appears to be a common item that needs maintenance. Where exactly can I find the MAF in this car? Thanks
Are you in US? Just wonder any idea to reset service warning light on 98 E320? Thanks