E320 door lock beeping

The remote for my E 320 works OK when pointed in the right direction. But no beep-beep! My friends cars (not a Mercedes) gives a loud beep on locking or unlocking. Can I not get a Beep?? John

Reply to
John Craig

try your owners manual, why would you want that obnoxious noise anyway?

Reply to
jdoe

Mine doesn't either, and I don't believe that they are supposed to (and I don't really like the "beep" anyway). The lights, however, do flash. Also, your remote does not have to be pointed at the car to lock/unlock the doors. It does need to be pointed at the car to unroll/roll up the windows.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Beeping is possible if your car is capable of handling Netherlands setting . Dealer setting only,not end user.

Reply to
raymond-

i dont like the beep so compromised by getting external blinker mirrors. those flash when doors un/lock

Reply to
raymond-

I don't like obnoxious noises, either, but as an aside, my navigator (lincoln suv) has no noise when you lock with the remote; however, if you press the lock button again within five seconds it will beep. This is useful if you are hauling kids, for example, as one beep will signal that all the doors, including the tailgate, are secured, whereas if it beeps twice, somewhere something is ajar. Nice to know, especially if you are parked in a less than desirable area with nice stuff inside. On the other hand, neither of my benz's makes a sound. But I love the green light on the door!

Reply to
wolfpuppy