E320 Gas Milage

I just bought an E320 (96, 110,000Km) and was wondering if 250km / 156 miles on the first half tank was normal mileage. It's been -20C for a while here and I know cold climate and some long idling are contributing factors but I was wondering how far I can normally expect to go on a tank of gas. Cheers

Reply to
Shawn

The petrol tank on a E320 holds about 17 galls (model without ski bag fitted in which the tank is smaller) therefore 156 miles from about 8.5 galls gives

18 - 19 mpg. My 96 E320 (4 sp auto) returns about 19-20 mpg under mixed driving conditions so your consumption seems about right. BTW - if yours is an auto don't use the box in the "E" setting as this so called "economy setting" adversely affects fuel consumption when driving in an urban environment.
Reply to
Terry Allan

In mild Calif. my '97 (5 speed) E320 achieves about 26 mpg on a trip. Your car's approximate 17 mpg would be about normal in such cold conditions, IMHO.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach