E320 No Under Hood Light

Both of my American cars (Tahoe and Corvette) have lights on the underside of the hood that come on when the hood is raised (mercury switch I suppose). The Mercedes doesn't (2000 E320) which is very odd. Seems like a feature everyone would want and a luxury car would certainly have. Had to find a flashlight last night to assist putting windshield fluid in.

Anyone know of a good aftermarket source of a product that would be good here? I suppose I could just go to a Chevy dealer and buy the assembly that's in the Vette.

Bob

Reply to
revbob17

Hmm, my '89 300E has one.

Reply to
Thom

Not from the factory!

Reply to
Karl

Not surprising, but disappointing. I would've thought Merc would think of one of those, looks like the old man installed it himself.

Reply to
Thom