E320 Power Seat Problem

Hello,
I have a 98 E320 wagon and the driver power seat has a quirk. The forward/backward control does not work for the backwards position. It will move the seat forward but not backward. The preset position
moves it back fine, so I know that it is not the motor. Strangely enough I ran into a guy at AuotZone today that has an eclass with the exact same problem !!!
Any ideas ?
Thanks !!
Sounds like a bad contact in the door-panel switch.