E320 serpentine belt and operating temp

My 95 MB E320 serpentine belt need s to be changed how do chane it? plus when my car is at stop the temp needle go pass the 1/2 way point to about 3/4 is this normal?(the temp comes back to normal after i drive it ) help?

On 2005-04-06 19:41:31 -0700, "ash patel via CarKB.com"

MAKE SURE THE AUX. FANS ARE COMING ON! Your temp should stay around 80c when driving and can go up to about 110c when idling in very hot weather.
You don't want to overheat this bad boy! I promise.
The fans are coming on but still go to 3/4 on scale

Perhaps the radiator thermostat is not opening all the way. Relatively cheap to fix.
As for the serpentine belt, there is a tensioner on the right side of the engine. It has an adjustor screw in a tube sticking up, but you need to remove the fan shroud to get to a 19mm bolt on the front of the tensioner to loosen the tensioner.

Thanks for the information on the serpentine belt

Also this car has 181k the transmission hasn,t been service that i know of Should i service the transmission?

you may have an air lock. OR i don't know if the car has a clutch fan or not. if so the blades should be a bit hard to spin .
if it does have a clutch fan it should kick in and you will hear it <or feel the wind hood up> when it gets around 100C then it should slow after 1 to 2 mins 100C i would not worry about if it stays there. that means every thing is working fine. if it creeps to the 110C range then you need to get it looked at.
the case, minus a few cans!