e320 wont shift

help it wont shift out of park and my transmission is working fine i have a e320 yaer 2000

The driver must step on the brake to release the transmission from the Park position. Safety interlock.
Another possibility is spillage on the center console... which would render the tranny useless.
Tiger wrote:

You can release the transmission lock by sticking a pencil down the hole at one end of the gate. See the owners manual. Sometimes all that is wrong is that the brake sensor is not making contact properly. A useful trick to know if you are stuck in traffic.
"mish" wrote:

This is how my problem started (E320 CDi 1999 uk).
Pencil in secret hole gets you going again.
.. but if the gear selector indicator on the dash is not showing true gear or any gear you may have to go to D drive to get it working again.
.. you may find car is placed in LIMP MODE ..it wont get out of first gear and do over 3000 revs .... this could indicate one of several problems MB dealer will provide printout of stored faults.
Next thing to try is getting someone to spray the brake pedal switch with contact cleaner .... this has worked for some (and worth doing anyway).
Changing the battery may also help (did with mine for a day!)
The thing that sort of worked for me was MB changed the Air Mass Sensor, this has reduced the problem to now and then, and we are watching it.
Tell me: Does the cruise control work? Does it work when you first start the car?Try it at several high speeds above say 55mph does it hold? ...or does it drop out?
I have the above CC problem and still investigating