e420 engine cover

I have a simple question to all MB engine gurus here:
I was recently at the dealer and they forgot to install 2 screws that hold the black piece of plastic on top of the E420 engine. When I came
back the service manager just said they were not important and besides they can't find them anymore. How important are they, I noticed that the air filter box outlet goes into that cover. So with the back of my cover not being tightened down, will dirty air get into the engine?
Also, where one can buy the screws that hold that cover down?
Thank you in advance. Alex
tell the service manager to get you those screws...
every single part can be ordered at your MB dealer... since they messed up, have them get them for you.
just cents for them

The screws keep the plastic engine cover from vibrating off. While not exactly urgently important, I would want to see the screws replaced just the same.
The engine cover helps protect upper engine components from debris, water and dirt. It has nothing to do with the engine air intake; that's a whole different system from the air filter to the engine.
The dealer parts desk can get the screws you need by giving them your VIN and telling them which screws are missing. It may not be a big deal now, but it's conceivable that the plastic cover might eventually vibrate loose and hit some important hoses, components or cables. Even if it causes nothing worse than a vibration noise off the engine, it's still worth your peace of mind to have it fixed.

Thank you all who replied to my post. Looks like I will heading back to the dealer and demand the screws for the cover to be found/ordered.
Happy motoring!

It has nothing to do with importance! It is not up to the dealer to decide which parts of the car are important - you pay $50K for somebody at MB to make this decisions and the dealer is to service the car PROPERLY only!
D.

well said!