E500 135mph limiter..how to remove?

Page 3 of 3
But I mean, my 380SE can only do 115mph. And isn't it a lot more powerful than a 300D? Richard

On 26 Jul 2003, marlinspike tossed this out:

Not a US, full-smog 380SE. That has around 155hp, while the OM603 has somewhere in the 125 to 135 range, but the diesel may in fact have more torque than the US 380 M116 motor. Emissions controls can be a terrible thing.
The gear ratios, especially the final drive ratio in back, are probably also different between the two cars.
Alec
I guess this is supposed to be one of the "ultimate" pictures in respect of high speed:
http://www.500sec.com/images/speedopix/brabusS310kmh.jpg
Chris
Newsbeitrag

for
it
me...
And did the driver take the picture..?...
DAS --

:-) You must not get out much of the US. Come with me for a cruise around Paris at 150mph and I'll show you how the civilized world drives :-)
Yeah Grant, I came through NW a couple of years ago, flat out in my 1981 300SD at 110. In some spots I never dropped below 90 for over a half hour. Never saw a cop or even another car for that matter. But, I, a lead footed ex 911 owner, would say that 155 mph is flirting with the devil. Do be carefull.
Bill
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:11:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address
Hello,
Whilst you're at switching the chips, see to that the tyres are rated for 155mph. Otherwise, you're in serious trouble if one of them fails between 135 and 155.
They are probably equipped with H-rated tyres rather than V- or Z-rated which are more expensive.
Consult the Speed Rating portion: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/speed.htm
Oliver

Why does anyone want to remove the speed limiter anyway?
BTW, I don't think that this 250 km/h limit (i.e. c. 155 mph) applies to all (European) makes of car, mainly some German ones, incl BMW & Merc.
DAS --
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

It is an agreement of all German car makers but Porsche excluded.
That is why with the AMG versions the removing of the speed limiters is an option only - remember an SL 55 AMG with all limiters removed goes 325 km/h (202 mph).
Juergen - 1982 W123 240D w/72 PS A lso M ighty G ood ;-))
Hello,
Yes, so does S600 (191mph, 308km/h). Wonder how fast the forthcoming 612hp S65 and CL65 will actually go...
AMG will increase the terminal speed to 185mph (300km/h) rather than to 202mph (325km/h) because of tyre availability. Not many tyre choices for beyond 300km/h rate. Even Brabus must restrict their modified Mercedes, too.
Oliver
Juergen . wrote:

Ennui Society wrote:

With the SL 55 AMG there is three versions: Normal limited 250 km/h One stage removed, 280 km/h Without limiter 325 km/h The latter has different tyres ex-factory.
Juergen