E500 4-Matic Wagon

In September,we ordered an E500 4-matic wagon. The vehicle was to be produced during the last week in October. This was changed by the factory to the first week in November. The vehicle was then produced November 16. Since then, the factory reports to our dealer show that it is produced but not yet shipped.

Is this common with Mercedes or is there possibly something going on that I fail to recognize? I also was looking at the MBUSA website and for the first time, could not locate either the E320 or the E500 4-matic wagon in their lineup. Has the vehicle been discontinued?

Many thanks for any insight or advice.

Home Simpson

Reply to
Homer Simpson

The E500 station wagon is *only* offered as a 4Matic an they are still being built. It sounds as if your dealer may have given you the wrong idea about MBZ's production schedules. It is quite common for production to be delayed a week or so and it is also common for the vehicle to sit at the factory after production waiting to be trucked to the port, to sit at the port waiting to be shipped, and to sit at the VPC in the U.S. waiting for customs, U.S. options, and to be trucked to the dealer. For a standard vehicle (i.e. not an AMG, Designo or other special order) you can expect at least 60 days from order to delivery, and it's often closer to 90.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

Thank you for this information. We have not ordered a new Mercedes before, relying instead on what might be at the dealership. We were told by our salesperson that we should not expect the vehicle before the early part of December, but became quite concerned when we learned that it was produced, but just sitting on the dock in Germany for 3 weeks.

Do you have any idea why the wagon is not on the MBUSA web site?

Homer Simpson

Reply to
Homer Simpson

You are looking at

right? I see it there under the links for "Models->", "Select a Model" and "Build Your Own".

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

it is on their site...right here

or you can go to the main E-class page for all the e-class models

Rich Williamson