E55

I still have not gotten my E55 which I mentioned on the NG in Oct 03. I am now number one on the waiting list. The sales manager says that they should
be getting their 2004 allotment any day now. Does any one know how MB parcels out limited production vehicles in the US? Is the dealer is just jacking with me? Should I go ahead and put a deposit on a new M5 instead? I may just keep my E500 and get a Porche convertible for nice days. Rob

should
E500, E55 ..... splitting hairs I would say. I dont think the dealer is giving you a hard time at all. You seem to have all the bases covered on that.
An E55 owner would seriously consider buying a BMW ... NOT.
niiice car....but when you go out to buy one...ask for a porsche instead :O)
:O) Alex

am
just
instead?
What happened to the Vette?

"Mike" <nospam> wrote in message

I still drive it on dry warm days. It's completely restored and shiny as a new Dime. I have the suspension set up for road racing so it's a bit rough for driving every day. My back can't stand it day in and day out. Rob
I have the poor mans versions: an 88 C4 and an E320. Both pristine and I love them in different ways. (kinda like my mom vs. my sister)

Has the E60 upgrade been scrapped? I thought they were going to start making them about now. Juergen would probably know the answer to that.
If so I would ask for the E60. Even if its only another 50HP - will you not be unhappy if 2 weeks after you collect your E55 they announce the E60 is available?
You should try another dealer or try European delivery. You need to be more aggressive and inquiring - Dori can probably give you tips.
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

I haven't heard it will NOT come - so I think it will come.

Good point - nobody _needs_ an E55 or E60 but it is a tru enthusiast's car so if I would be in the business for such a car I would wait, too.
Juergen

April 2004 issue of Automobile Magazine has a story just right for you. Unfortunately, only the Table of Contents is available on-line http://www.automobilemag.com/toc/0404_toc /
"The Waiting Game " by Timothy Ferris
It's a guy who's only moderately rich complaining about how the MB dealers would take $50,000 or more than he would pay for an SL55 AMG, and how heroic he was to wait to pay only $10,000 over sticker. Funny stuff about how MB USA says that they don't encourage this type of behavior. Ha Ha Ha. Right. Also note that the European Delivery program was cancelled from under him.
Wonder what would happen if a customer trying to buy at sticker were to protest to MBUSA ?
Best,
Ross

am
should

According to Timothy Ferris, nothing. You would hear nice soothing words about "repeat customers" and "best business practices". Then you would hear about "anti-trust" and that MBUSA can only "suggest" action, not enforce it.