E55 Brake Question

My 99 E55 has had what I would call 'spongy' brakes since I owned it with 39K miles. Front pads have been renewed and the brakes were bled twice. The dealer replaced the brake booster. I don't lose brake fluid so I thought the Master Cylinder was the last thing to consider. Is there anything I'm overlooking? Do I swap the Master Cylinder next? Thanks for your help JB

1988 300E 1999 E55
Reply to
JB

marlinspike

I would suggest trying some good aftermarket pads before going to that trouble. MBZ pads are notoriously soft (hence all the black dust on your wheels).

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

do you have flexible braided stainless steel lines? if not change the rubber ones to the braided stainless!

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man