Educate me on 114's

I just bought a 71 250 and would like to hear the good,the bad and the ugly of this model.TIA =)

Reply to
CaptainW116

rust, rust and rust, did I mention rust?

Reply to
taxman

Yeah,found a little on it but not much.What do you know of the M130 engine? Any good ?

Reply to
CaptainW116

Well, the 114 IS ugly.

cp

Reply to
cp

Oh come on,it's not that ugly.At least compared to a Heckflosse ;-)

Reply to
CaptainW116

HA!!!

Actually, what I find that's ugly in the 114 and 110 is the lights, bleaghhhhh! The vertical rectangular lights in the 114/115 and the one eyed monster lights in the 110

cp

Reply to
cp

bleaghhhhh! The vertical rectangular lights in the 114/115 and

Here are a couple of pics of my 250 and some other pics of my other new Mercedes if you want to check them out.

I have a little work to do on the passenger side fender but other than that very solid and only 78,XXX miles on the clock.Interior is also flawless.I'm looking at some euro type headlights to add to it rather than the ones currently on it now.

Reply to
CaptainW116

You're a true fanatic! Is the 250 the one with one carburettor? You got an additional intake manifold lying around? A friend who's got about 200 years of benzes is looking for one, hard to find without looking overseas.

cp

Reply to
cp

My 250 has two Zenith carbs but I can try to find you an intake.Which model and year is it ?You are in the Pacific area right?

Reply to
CaptainW116

Sure, if the search does not extend past your backyard :-)

I'll take a look

Yeh, Vancouver, neighbour! Though I did make it to the Alaska highway last weekend.... ok so it was Mile 0 'cause our friends lived around the block :-)

cp

Reply to
cp