Electrical problem

The car is a 2000 CLK430. It has had some parts removed and replaced with parts from other cars. Slightly stripped. The problem now is the ignition switch won't work. It had a key in it when I got the car but it
wouldn't turn. I am fairly sure it is the wrong key. To make it worse the dash has been switched also so the ignition switch may be from another car. I could order a new key using the vin number but I am not sure if it would work in the ignition switch as it may be wrong also. New one is around $350.00. I bought a key and switch from a scrap yard and it will work the door locks but nothing else. It isn't sending the correct message to the engine computer it seems. Any ideas? Jerry

Maybe talk to the dealers technical service advisor and ask them what they think? Sometime they can recode the car... Don't really know, sounds like a mess though, not like the good old days.
Marty