Electronic fuel injection

What year did Mercedes go to full electronic fuel injection?

1970
with the introduction of the V8 3.5l/4.5l engine M116/M117 in the W108/W109 series.
zie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W108
Kind regards,
Maurits Obbink.
Bill Bunn wrote:

My guess is when OBDII ('96/'97) protocol was adapted to Mercedes cars. All the CIS-E - K-Jet, KE-Jet and D-Jet - are hybrids between mechanic and eletronic fuel injection. When air/fuel mixture are controlled by carbs and fuel distributors the fuel system isn't "full electronic". When MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor and pulse fuel injectors arrived, the mechanic part was obsoleted.
HTH,
RSalles

I don't know about the 3.5 and 4.5 liters versions but later ones (3.8 and 5.0l) uses the K-Jetronics injection, which is mechanical. The only electrical components are the fuel pump and relay, the warm-up regulator, and the cold-start valve. An electronic idle control were added later.
pej
--
Per Erik Jorde

D-jetronic, which you're referring to is fully electronic, which means your correct, but they then switched from that early to mid 70's in favour to the mechanical K-jetronic which stayed around for quite some time.