Emergency Kill Button

I was unable to stop my engine earlier today, and when I looked for the kill button, I discovered that the om616 engine in the W115 240D doesn't have one, or at least it's not in the same place as on the 123.

IS there a kill button on the 115, and where is the vacuum line for the start/kill switch in the cockpit?

Reply to
Randall Brink

Neither my 240D or 300D has a "kill" switch, unless you're referring to the "stop" lever on the linkage under the hood. The vacuum line to stop the engine goes to a diaphragm near the rear of the fuel injector pump. Follow the vacuum lines under the hood until you find the one that goes to the pump and make sure it's properly connected. The reason the engine won't stop most of the time is a lack of vacuum at the injector pump. You need to isolate the cause which a good deal of the time is one of the vacuum diaphragms which lock and unlock the doors, trunk and gas filler door. This takes a little time to isolate the culprit but is easy to do once you understand how the system works. There is a guy who sells a manual on eBay explaining how to troubleshoot door lock system, etc., but I found it rather easy to do myself once I knew how to isolate the source of the problem. Let me know how you make out. Maybe I can help.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Ernie:

The "stop" button under the hood was the one I was referring to on the 123 and 126 diesels. There is no such button on the 115 240D.

I will trace the vacuum lines in order to find the one that is faulty. My W115 240D has manual windows and door locks, so much less vacuum folderol to trace.

Reply to
Randall Brink