Energy Bill Would Welcome Back Diesels

"We definitely support it and are very pleased, from the language we've seen," said Kathleen Graham, a spokeswoman for DaimlerChrysler. "We
think we should encourage all advanced technologies with tax credits and not just one because right now there's not a clear winner," she added.
If you want a discount on your diesel car, now would be the time to call your Senator.
The tradeoff seems to be more smog for less fuel consumption.