Engine # Help!!

I have a '95 E320, chassis # is A1245846046 - I need a water pump - seems they come in 3 different varieties according to engine #. I've tried to get
Customer Svs to match chassis# and engine with no avail. I've looked on both sides of the block - no luck. Anyone know where Mercedes hides the engine number? Surely this can't be this difficult or is it? Thanks
Look in the Owner's Manual, it will give the engine number's location.
It's usually on the left side of the cast iron block, not the aluminum cylinder head.
I looked at online ordering... all they need to know is the last 6 digits of your VIN number to determine the right waterpump.