Engine Randomly Dying !!! HELP PLEASE !!!

At crank, you will only see about 40 milivolt. Running is about 2-4 volt ..ac.

Reply to
AJDalton7

Crank sensor by the flywheel is a pain to get to... if you are not exactly sure what this mean... it is between the tranny the the engine in such a tight space.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to this :) Mind you, if it's turns out to be the duff bit it'll have been worth it. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

And here's the solution........

Finally got my car into my local Mercedes independant garage today. Boy are they snowed under with work - either they are great or Mercs are very unreliable (possibly both).

After swapping a few componants out (coils etc) they discovered that the distributor was faulty. They fitted a new dizzy and rotor and Robert's your mother's brother!

Thank you for all your help, advice and suggestions. I didn't feel bad about the relays I had already bought as the fitter said they would have been top of thier list to change, and as I have new ones on the car it should stop them causing problems in the future. Thanks again everyone. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike