Engine Randomly Dying !!! HELP PLEASE !!!

Page 2 of 2
At crank, you will only see about 40 milivolt. Running is about 2-4 volt ..ac.

Crank sensor by the flywheel is a pain to get to... if you are not exactly sure what this mean... it is between the tranny the the engine in such a tight space.
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:55:55 GMT, "Tiger" wrote:

Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to this :) Mind you, if it's turns out to be the duff bit it'll have been worth it. Mike
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:55:26 +0100, Just Mike wrote:

And here's the solution........
Finally got my car into my local Mercedes independant garage today. Boy are they snowed under with work - either they are great or Mercs are very unreliable (possibly both).
After swapping a few componants out (coils etc) they discovered that the distributor was faulty. They fitted a new dizzy and rotor and Robert's your mother's brother!
Thank you for all your help, advice and suggestions. I didn't feel bad about the relays I had already bought as the fitter said they would have been top of thier list to change, and as I have new ones on the car it should stop them causing problems in the future. Thanks again everyone. Mike