Engine shaking at idle

The solution is to adjust the rack damper bolt. A quarter turn may be all that is needed to settle the engine down. Good luck

Reply to
T Wiklanski

Where is the "rack Damper Bolt"? Mine shakes at idle too, just rebuilt a year ago, shakes since. TKS>

Reply to
Tony Pike

There has been a long running thread on this issue recently. I posted links to some pictures of the rack damper bolt on my 1982 300 TDT's

617's injection pump. I have tried various things to get rid of the thumping at idle. It shook so hard it shook the trim piece off my right front fender.

The pump and injectors were rebuilt about 2 years and 20,000 miles ago when I had the engine remanufactured at Metric Motors in Cayhoga Park, CA. The injection pump was rebuilt at Pacific Injection Service in South San Francisco. It's still under warranty and Gus, the main engineer there is going over the pump and injectors. So far he hasn't found any problems. I should hear from him early next week.

Paul

essage

2 results for dampner_bolt_super_detail. 300d injector rack dampener adjustment here are links to some pictures of the rack damper bolt on my 617 5 cylinder diesel in a 1982 300 tdt 123 model:
dampner_bolt_super_detail.jpg. Nov 28 by heav - 4 messages - 2 authors 300d injector rack dampener adjustment here are links to some pictures of the rack damper bolt on my 617 5 cylinder diesel in a 1982 300 tdt 123 model:
dampner_bolt_super_detail.jpg thank you very much for these photos, as they clear ... Nov 28 by snipped-for-privacy@mac.com - 4 messages - 2 authors
Reply to
heav