engine stalls

1989 se I stored my car with little gas for 2 years and started it up a couple of times. I have put in a gallon of fresh fuel and dry gas. It starts up and idels well except when i step on the gas and it stalls and will not start. Is there water in the system, injectors dirty or some kind of modeule gone on the engine. I ve let it warm up but same results. Seams like no gas as it does not fire or skip. ????????????

Jeff Barnes Maine

Reply to
badnews

Fuel starvation. If it were my car I'd add fuel system cleaner to the gas tank and hope that it would clear the gum from the system. All you can do now is run it at idle to get the cleaner into the fuel system.

If that fails have it towed to a M-B shop and bring $$$$.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach