Engine swap, 500 AMG into Datsun

This may sound crazy but I wounder if it can be done. I have 1984 500SEC AMG sitting on my yard with body damage. The engine runs well except for few oil leaks which can be fixed easily. I am thinking of
swapping the motor and gear box into a light Datsun like 280Z. This AMG has 300km/hr on the speedo, my 560 has 260, Does this meen that the 500AMG is faster than the 560? What problems I can anticipate doing such swap? I planning to fit the engine and transmition into the Datsun along with the fuel injection system.

I don't think that's a good idea? How much does the Datsun's old engine weigh for comparison?
What kind of "body damage" does the 500SEC have? Why not fix that instead? Then you'll have a whole car instead of project that at best will be cool for a moment and then will be junk?
Seems wrong to me... marty

Couldn't have said it better.
cp
At least he's not wanting to stick a Datsun engine in a Benz ;-)

Not as bad as a Ford engine in a Benz! (seen on eBay)
cp
The way to evaluate such an idea is with a pencil. What's the power / weight ratio of the Datsun? And of the 500SEC? And of a new, contemporary AMG, Corvette and Porsche? Do these ratios approximately converge??
If not forget it.
Another aspect - another than the "Will it fit" question, is whether the converted car will be street legal - emmissions wise - and insurable.
There is an advantage in power/weight ratio. The Datsun weights 1700 kg, the 500 SEC weights approximately 2300 kg. I see the problem of drivability and legality for street use. No way the Datsun will handle like Benz. I been doing some cost estimates and it looks like it will be cheaper to repair the 500 AMG. The boday damge is on the right side from an accident mainly on the door. Also, the brake booster, master cylnder, drums and pads will need to be replaced. Anyone have an idea how much power the 500 AMG put? 300 km/hr on the speedo is tempting.
You could probably sell that engine for enough to pay for a Really Hot engine for the Z.
Collin KC8TKA E320/97
and to trump in on some other sigs. :) KX, Super Program, *istDS, Nagaoka, Fujinon, Rodenstock, Ilex