engine viberation

My 1991 300E 200,000 miles is viberating in drive at idle with brake set. Smooths out above 1000 rpm. This problem has been worsening for the past few months.

When was it last tuned up?
How old are the ignition cables?
Has each cable's ohm resistance been checked?
Has any fuel injector cleaner been added to the fuel?
T.G. Lambach wrote:

The ignition wires are original. I keep it tuned up and serviced by the book, and us injector cleaner every month. How much resistance should my meter read when i test the wires?
Thanks for your help
the wires should read a fraction of an ohm resistance... it's just copper wire.
cheers, guenter

Check your engine mounts.
I agree on engine mounts.
Tiger wrote:

How can I determine if the mounts are defective?
Thanx for the help
They measure by the amount of sag or compression. If it never been changed before, it is pretty much bad.