Engine Weight

I am planning to put a GM 3800 engine into my 230 CE w123 chassis car which has a bad engine. I am concerned about the weight balance.
What is the weight of it's 102.980 engine? This is pretty much the same as
the 190 E's 102.981 engine.
Thanks
It would be much easier to get a good used 85 to 93 190E 2.3L engine... 102.985 engine. They are practically the same engine.... only that they use serpentine belt rather than multiples of V belts.
To put GM engine in there... well, aside from emission point of view and recertifying the car... not worth the effort. New tranny, new shaft, new engine mounts, new computer controlling new engine... too much work.
It will have 60-70 more H.P. at about the same weight. The 3800 is a long life efficient engine with a counter balance shaft. Emissions will be less. Parts are cheap compared to MB.
Besides it is my time and work.

Some years ago a 123 owner changed his 300D Turbo for a GM 4.3L V-6. I have his description of the job and will try to email it to you if you want to read it. This man is a very skilled mechanic and did some pretty creative work to make everything fit. He was delighted with the outcome.
permission.
Yes!! I would like to read it. Thank You.
"-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote inmessage

On Apr 7, 5:40 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Yes if my 240D's enging ever bit the dust, I'd be tempted to install an LS2 vette engine it. Surely it weighs less that the iron diesel, and the LS2 is a very compact engine. And no emissions tests. what a sleeper a 240D would be...
Thanks for the information. It is pretty much what I was expecting. And it talked me out of the project. Un like the author, I work full time plus. I don't want to spend all of my spare time in the garage.
"-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote inmessage

Good decision.
permission.
You want heavy? Me and a friend removed a complete 6.9 engine/trans assembly from a 79 116.036 today at the Pick a Part half price sale. That sucker weighs a LOT!!

Jeez... 12 cylinders with tranny?
No, a 6.9 is a V8. USA models were 77, 78, and 79 only.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_450SEL_6.9