ERG valve studs and manifold question for 1990 300SE

Auto: 1990 300SE gas engine

The EGR valve is attached to the manifold using two studs. The threads of one stud are in poor shape; I tried to repair it with a die, but it's not going well and if it's not too much trouble I'd like to just replace the entire stud.

Is the stud threaded on the mainfold side? If so, is it a reverse thread (clockwise turn removes it)? I could just start twisting but I don't want to break it off. Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Murray

Threaded into the manifold, normal thread. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:47:41 -0500, Bill Ditmire wrote (in message ):

Holy Toledo: five minutes. Do you sell them?

Reply to
Tim Murray

Yes. If you need anything for a Benz, call our parts mgr Ed Gibson 9-5 weekdays, toll free, 1-877-DITMIRE (877-348-6473).