European Delivery anf my experience with receiving my new car in the USA.

I just got my new E-Class yesterday and it came damaged. Beautiful experience in Europe, terrible experience with MBUSA (not the dealer - the dealer was fine - they don't ship the vehicle from Europe) who basically
washes it's hands of any damage that it's contract shippers do and shove it on to the dealer. I could rant and rave for an hour on here, but rather than that I am posting a note.
Before you go and do a European Delivery, I would be think twice. You would be better off renting a vehicle in Europe from some place like E-Sixt or similiar and buying one that is already here.
Ed '04 E320 4 matic '01 E320 4 matic (For sale) '01 ML320 '99 A170cdi (in London)
I suspect yours is a rare experience.
Collecting once's car from the factory is a nice experience, but a factory visit can be arranged without getting a car. I have done two collections; one from Stuttgart and one from Bremen. Both very nice. Of course, logistically I have a smaller problem as I only have to drive to London without handing the car over to a shipper.
What was/is your damage?
DAS
My car had minor shipping damage (from trucking in Europe) that neither the M-B preparation center nor the dealer found. The dealer does no body / paint work but referred me to a local body shop who quoted the job. MBUSA paid the repair cost - end of story.