Experiences with CLK 55 AMG

As someone crashed into the back of my nice SLK32 AMG, i am looking out for a adequate replacement. A SLK is not a requirement, although it was the nicest so far. The seats were a bit annoying on the SLK32 AMG. The actual E WDB211 disqualifies as all models that have the SBC "Parkinson" Brake. Are there Experiences with the WDB209 CLK 55 AMG? The model may be too new.

Raymund Hofmann

Reply to
raymund hofmann

My girlfriend's mother has one. It has had the engine block replaced at around 2,700 miles from a manufacturing flaw, but other than that, it has been a very nice car. It's obviously faster than God with a hot foot, and the chassis is very comfortable with an extremely competent ride. It's hard to say what the performance feeling of the car is since she will never push it hard enough to find out, and I'm never driving it at speed. My personal feeling having driven pretty much every model of mercedes from the past thirty years, the car is more competent than the last model SL, and it has more of the feel of "mercedesness" than some of the more recent models. It's a nice ride. I CANNOT compare it to the new SL as I have not even ridden in it, but compared to the last model SL it is a nicer car in IMHO. Of course these things are very subjective, but I really liked it. Don't know what else to tell you.

Reply to
Howard