Extended Warranty Recommendations

I have a 2000 280C that is soon to be out of its Starmark warranty. Can you suggest a third party extended warranty program with which you've had a good
experience.
Thanks,
--
Aaron D. Miller, ICC Residential Building Inspector
ASHI 203652

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:43:53 GMT, "Inspector"

Aaron,
Here's my take: warranty insurance policies are widely available. The mark up is pretty significant; the MB dealer in SA offered me a GE warranty for $2400. In resoonse to a fax, a Houston MB dealer offered me the same GE warranty for $1900.
From my perspective, there were two features I cared about:
exclusions
who would be my 'champion' if I had a problem.
My credit union had a policy that was a bit expensive, but I figured that they would be a champion if I had a problem with a claim. But, when I looked through the fine print (on the contract, not the brochure), excluded were any problems covered by bad gas, or any failure of a fastener (nut or bolt).
I ended buying one from a non-MB dealer that I had done business with in the past. The policy is okay -- but I know that these guys would be on the insurer like white on rice if I had any problem.
The other alternative is to trade it in for a Lexus and you won't need the warranty!

Or he could get himself a classic Mercedes (50's,60's,70's) and have a "better" car!
It might be better compared to the later model Mercedeses, but it will cost an arm and a leg to fix and it won't have the latest safety features and will be a even bigger gas piggie than today's cars and will be a constant source of aggravation...

Re: Extended Warranty Recommendations Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Tue, Nov 4, 2003, 10:06pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (D.D.Palmer) It might be better compared to the later model Mercedeses, but it will cost an arm and a leg to fix and it won't have the latest safety features and will be a even bigger gas piggie than today's cars and will be a constant source of aggravation...
The other alternative is to trade it in for a Lexus and you won't need the warranty! Or he could get himself a classic Mercedes (50's,60's,70's) and have a "better" car! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you can buy a lot of repairs for what you save. and as far as time in the shop, it will be less as they can be fixed without a computer
case
the case, minus a few cans!

Care to try again?