External mirror adjustment handle broken

My loving wife managed somehow to break the adjustment handle of the left mirror (manually adjusted, heated). The handle is broken at its metal bar inside the mirror housing. Do I have any chance to disassemble the mirror
and to exchange only the handle bar with one from the junkyard?
Thanks
Dimi
My loving wife managed somehow to break the adjustment handle of the left mirror (manually adjusted, heated). The handle is broken at its metal bar inside the mirror housing. Do I have any chance to disassemble the mirror and to exchange only the handle bar with one from the junkyard?
Thanks Dimi
Hi Dimi!
That's exactly what I managed to do a couple of years ago, too.
Happens...when large people get out of a small 190E...my left knee kicked the lever right of. Its made from cast aluminum, painted black and with a plastic knob an the end.
Thing is, the lever can be dismounted seperately, even has a DC part number....BUUUT can not be bought separately. ...so...I stuffed it back into the rubber seal...and lived with it since....
either...you get a used, broken mirror...and just change the lever...or...you live with it. An entire NEW mirror is another very very expensive option of course.
Alex

What body do you have?