Fan problems

Hi first post so here goes i have a 1999 C200 Classic with Air con the problem i have is that the main radiator fan comes on after about 5 mins of starting the car from cold and doesnt go off untill you turn
the car off
Ive changed the Termostat the heat sensor on the water pump and now just bought a new fan control unit (which the main dealer recomended) and its still doing it
I also have had the aircon recharged as well but still no joy took it to Merc they put it on the diagnostics and it came back with nothing (apart from the mass air flow sensor which i changed 12 months ago)
running out of ideas and advice anyone else have any

Is the car actually running hot? What does the temp gauge say? This car is new enough, that if the car thinks it's too hot it will automagically disable the AC.
I don't suppose the heat is coming on full too?
Marty
"Martin Joseph" wrote: > On 2005-05-11 14:19:57 -0700, budmonster
> > > Hi first post so here goes i have a 1999 C200 Classic with > Air con the > > problem i have is that the main radiator fan comes on after > about 5 > > mins of starting the car from cold and doesnt go off untill > you turn > > the car off > > Is the car actually running hot? What does the temp gauge > say? This > car is new enough, that if the car thinks it's too hot it will > > automagically disable the AC. > > I don't suppose the heat is coming on full too? > > Marty
Thanks for the reply the car doesnt run hot it gets to about 80 but i dont think the thermostat opens it does if you disconect the fan. but the fan runs from about 40 after about 3 mins of starting the engine so i dont think the engine is getting to 87 where the termostat opens