Fin bodies are sometimes called Hackelfleck, or sumpm.

What's that in German?

Dunno about
Hackelfleck, or sumpm.
but

the fintail MBs are called Heckflosse in German
Juergen W123 = last MB with (extremely little) fintails
Juergen forgot the translation... allow me, Tail Fin. Heck - Tail (ie rear) Floose - Fin.
cheers, guenter

And I should like to have a stab at translating "sumpm" ..
"something" ??
DAS
"Guenter Scholz" < snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
news:eei77i$v13$ snipped-for-privacy@rumours.uwaterloo.ca...