Finding service records

We are proud owners of 1986 560 sel. 230,000miles. We bought the car 2 years ago from an out of state auction site and have put

4,000 of the miles on. Now it's time for some service work and it would sure be helpful to find previous owners and repair history of this car. In particular it seems ready for some valve work ( low compression in 1 cyl and a miss at idle ) and it would be nice to know how many miles are on the timing chains.

We did a carfax report and found the car to be titled in California and Florida. Is there another service out there that can provide the info we want?

Thank You Mike

Reply to
MGM