First time buyer for an 80's convertible- 6 or 8 cylinder?

Have looked at a few and going to buy one. First time 50 year old aircraft mechanic buyer. Is there anything bad about the 6 or the 8 cylinder, excluding that the 6 won't have as much power? Thanks a lot in advance.
Have heard about the dual timing chain problem in some engines .....mnflyer56.
I'd stick with 6 cylinders... they are just great engines. 8 are okay too... as I did own them... either way, both engines are good... just make sure there is no valve problems... tapping noises...
Service history would be great and if they did valve and timing chain job... it is probably a keeper.
get the 8, there is no such thing as too much power

Des wrote:

Oh, yes there is! You can get in trouble faster. :-(
(You can get in trouble faster)
Not faster, but maybe just a few seconds quicker
And you get to visit your local foreign born filling station money collector somewhat more often
An 80's model may be needing some front end replacement parts around 150K, if it's gone that far....K