Fit wheels on 560SEC

I just married a woman with a '87 560 SEC. It has P225/55ZR16 tires on Momo rims. The problem is, my tire dealer cannot balance properly because he's not sure he gets the center of the wheel on his machine. Also, one wheel is sitting on the nuts only because of a non-fitting ring. Another rim is slightly off-centered he says.

Can anybody tell what is going on? Can I fix my Momo rims, or do I have to get new wheels (New wheel+tire set is between $1000 and $2500 tire dealer said), or does my tire dealer not have the right tools, or ...? What otions do I have?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Johannes

Reply to
Johannes

Good deal.

It has P225/55ZR16 tires on

They're not stock wheels obviously, no 126 came with 16" wheels.

Worse, they're not Mercedes wheels, they're generic wheels that you have to use spacer rings with just to make them fit and it doesn't sound like it's working out all that well for you.

Your options are:

1) Find a shop that knows how to make aftermarket alloys fita and can fix the spacer ring issue.

2) Get stock wheels cheap from a scrapyard - shame as 225/55-16 are NICE tires for a SEC.

3) Get new wheels that fit. Ones made for a 126.

By no coincidence I have a set of 16"x8" Ronal "AMG 5 spoke" alloys you can have cheap if you want. I'll never use them. Send me mail to richard on the server mbz fullstop org. I actually need a 16" set that fits a BMW 633 if by chance you have those we could do an even up swap.

Reply to
Richard J. Sexton (At work