Fitting a wing to a W124

I'm considering fitting new/replacement wings to my 1987 W124.

Is any welding required and what do I have to remove to be able to install the new panels?

It's a 1987 W124 200, 125K Miles, recently replaced the cam followers to get rid of the irritating tapping.

Finally learnt from my bother in law how to adjust the brightness of the dash lights!

Last summer replaced suspension front bushes to get rid of knocking when going over pot holes, light control switch to get the fog light indicator to function. Electronic bit on the bottom of the carb. and plug leads to cure mis fire at low revs.

Now runs smoothly and quietly.

TIA

Reply to
W124Owner

No, it just seems like it. They unbolt ad once you get the sealant off (hah) they pull right off. Try heat on the sealant.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

That's a brave confession!

:-))