flashing dashboard lights when directional signal used

I have a 1992 300se which displays the same symptom as described in " flashing dashboard syndrome "
I don't have the dough to replace dashboard to digital so can anyone
tell if or what problems can result with the flashing dashboard syndrome ??
I am particulary wary of the oil pressure gauge dropping ?
which was described as not really a case of loss of pressure.
Any comment would be greatly appreciated.
dave