Flashing door/mirror lights

I have a 1996 S500. Usually when you open the doors with the remote the green light on the doors and mirror flash for ten seconds. When you lock the car the red light does the same.
Since yesterday whenever I lock or unlock the car both lights flash together for thirty seconds.
Can anyone kindly tell me what this means. Everything else seems ok.
Many thanks
Michael Lambert
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:59:18 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Lambert"

Remote batteries are getting low, time to replace them before you find yourself locked out
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk