Fluid for trans and power steering

The owners manual for my '87 300TD lists MB fluid for the trans and power steering. What is their generic or common name? Thanks
Chas Hurst

ATF - automatic transmission fluid

Theres about three kinds of ATF, can we narrow it down?
Call MBUSA and ask "Technical" for the "Approved lubricants list" for your year and model