Flying CLK

( This may be old news to some but I thought the picture was good )
Article on aerodynamics and Bently 8 has a picture of a flying CLK half way down. Hopefully
there were no injuries when the photo was taken. Can you imagine what the poor driver was thinking. I would guess German profanity:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/10/24/emfbmw25.xml
And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this should make Juergen feel good:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/5350/clklmp.htm
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/10/24/emfbmw25.xml

oops, never mind. The geocities site I think was Juergen's original site, not a plagarism. Neeever Mind.
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Yes, that is part of my old site, the page is from May 6th 1999.
I have not transferred that page onto my current site as the article is quite old. But if anyone thinks it would be ueful I could do that.
Juergen
greek_philosophizer wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/10/24/emfbmw25.xml
When I click on that link a page with an article of the new BMW 6-series opens. No CLK , no aerodynamics and no Bentley at all?!? Wrong URL?
Juergen
Juergen . wrote:

Yes it was wrong. I probably should not have made the original post since there is nothing really amusing or educational about a spectacular crash. Anyway, this is the link:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/10/24/emfspd825.xml&sSheet=/motoring/2003/10/29/ixmot.html
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Ahh good - so I do not have to visit my friendly optician! ;-)

It WAS spectacular, but as the driver (and nobody else) was hurt I do not see a problem with your post. Besides that a video could be found at the usual file sharing places.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/10/24/emfspd825.xml&sSheet=/motoring/2003/10/29/ixmot.html
Thanks!
Juergen - W123 240D with enough downforce to handle its 85.75 mph top speed easily ;-)

It was a Brit driver, Peter Dumbreck. He survived unscathed.