Flying CLK

( This may be old news to some but I thought the picture was good )

Article on aerodynamics and Bently 8 has a picture of a flying CLK half way down. Hopefully there were no injuries when the photo was taken. Can you imagine what the poor driver was thinking. I would guess German profanity:

And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this should make Juergen feel good:

.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

oops, never mind. The geocities site I think was Juergen's original site, not a plagarism. Neeever Mind.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

When I click on that link a page with an article of the new BMW 6-series opens. No CLK , no aerodynamics and no Bentley at all?!? Wrong URL?

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Yes, that is part of my old site, the page is from May 6th 1999.

I have not transferred that page onto my current site as the article is quite old. But if anyone thinks it would be ueful I could do that.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Yes it was wrong. I probably should not have made the original post since there is nothing really amusing or educational about a spectacular crash. Anyway, this is the link:

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

It was a Brit driver, Peter Dumbreck. He survived unscathed.

Reply to
Ric

Ahh good - so I do not have to visit my friendly optician! ;-)

It WAS spectacular, but as the driver (and nobody else) was hurt I do not see a problem with your post. Besides that a video could be found at the usual file sharing places.

Thanks!

Juergen - W123 240D with enough downforce to handle its 85.75 mph top speed easily ;-)

Reply to
Juergen .