fog in bixenon headlights

Hi,
Are there more people who have touble with fog or water in the bixenon headlights. Model is a C200 kompressor.
Dutch distibutor says that a little fog is normal. Fog in the headlight
units is so ugly! Instead on developing great new models they perhaps should put more effort in 100% good functionel cars. Bought mine car 18 months ago and had several problems with it.
Ronald

This could be cause by moisture that entered the headlamp assembly during manufacturing, or it could be a defective seal. The easiest way to get rid of it is to remove the entire headlamp assembly from the vehicle, remove all the bulb access covers, then set it out on a hot sunny day for a few hours to evaporate the water. If you lack a hot sunny day, then you could use a hair dryer. If the water comes back, then you have a defective seal and it should be replaced under warranty (at least they will under the US warranty, YMMV).
--

- RODNEY

Sounds like defective seals.
If the headlights are on for 30 minutes, does the moisture go away? If yes, then MBUSA says NO problem. You will not get it replaced under warranty in the USA.

Yes the fog dissapears after a drive with the lights on. What worry's me is that the units will look sooner older than wihtout fog. And fog in the headlights looks very stupid for a Benz. Expensive car....so i expect a little perfection.
bye Ronald

If it does disappear with the lights on, then just remove the rear dust covers/access panels, run the lights for 20 minutes or so and let the water evaporate. This is actually more common than you'd think. Now, if the water comes back after it evaporates, then it means there's a bad seal and it should be replaced under warranty.
--

- RODNEY

Tomorrow i have an appoinment with the dealer. They gonna check again. They already have replaced the seals.
Ronald

I guess you mean the seals for the rear access panels? I thought the lens and reflector housing was a factory seal and had to be replaced as a unit (and unfortunately, that's usually the culprit)
--

- RODNEY

I have been to the dealer again. They have tested the units by spraying water on it. And yes a little fog appears. But....it stays between normal fog appearens....no reel water.....fog only.
Maybe next time a BMW or a Lexus? Lexus who picks up the car and return it ( for free) when the car has to see the garage. Quess not....see what the future brings. Do like the latest models of Mercedes very much.
and yeah.....I got my car cleaned for free :-) It was getting a little dirty by the snow and salt on the roads.
bye Ronald