For Sale - My 300SE

Hello all!

It has been YEARS since I have posted in this forum, and I have really only looked around off and on. But, it's GOOD to see all the familiar faces here, like the un-forgettable McBrue. Still driving the 96 S420, under bridges, by rivers and all...

I thought I would give this forum a shot with my 89 300SE.

I have to part with my 89 300SE! Desert Taupe over Parchment leather. By no means perfect, but very presentable. ACC works (both hot and cold), all power features work (including the roof, which slides and tilts perfectly), OEM Becker Mexico stereo flakey. No undue noises anywhere, save the passenger side front suspension which has a clunk. That's probably a worn bushing. SWB W126, M103, 722.3, ABS, dual airbags, power windows, mirror, seating, roof. 201k mi. I typically get

19-21 mpg, in mixed Boston-area traffic.

The reason I sell: motor needs head gasket. Puffs of white smoke come from the tailpipe. Transmission is firm and fast, just as it should be, with new fluid past summer. This is a mechanic's car, methinks, but I'd love to see it find a good home with someone who'd love to play with it.

Good suspension, brakes, tires @ 80%+, no electrical gremlins I am aware of. New Spark plugs, rotor, cap, and wires 3 mos ago. I have all receipts for everyone that has touched this car. Oil changes every

3-5k.

Car is located in Boston, USA. Please e.mail any interest. I am open to any good offers.

Best,

-dan snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
star500e