Forced to sell my car

Page 1 of 2
I bought a C-class nearly two years ago. It has been chronically unreliable and very poor quality. It has been back to the dealer over twenty times for
warranty repairs. The most annoying faults are constant creaking from windscreen, dashboard and B-pillar. Mercedes simply cannot fix these faults - they now insist that these are "normal" noises....
I also had to complain for nearly a year before they fixed a wobbly seat, and eight months before they accepted that the navigation was faulty. The stereo has been replaced twice, various other electrical things at least once each.
I have been through my diary and in total it has been in the dealer for sixteen weeks in 92 weeks of ownership. Is this a record?
I am simply fed up with having to take the car back all the time, and so have decided to just sell it and accept that buying a Mercedes was a huge mistake.
Just one data point I know.
If you bought the car new, your state may have a lemon law which may benefit someone in your situation. If you bought the car used, I'd pull up its carfax history and try and see if I could determine whether or not it has been wrecked and rebuilt. If so - and if there are papers in your state certifying that a used car hasn't suffered more than minor damage which the dealer signed - that may be something that will work to your advantage.
On 6/24/03 11:39 AM, in article bd9us4$hch$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr, "Ric"

benefit
the
This is not a US only group! We have different laws in EU. In some countries (eg Germany ) lemon-law protection is very good. The further south you go, the worse it gets generally. I live in South of France now, which has crap customer service and crap lemon laws.
LOL

French resentment against American power, wealth and influence.

You must be american. If the French resent anyone it's the Germans and perhaps the Brits.
Why is it so hard for Americans to understand why France (along with the rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as Poland and Cameroon) was against your country's criminal venture in Iraq?
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/HardRight/HardRight031303.html http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/News/FrenchQuarter/PetitionReaction.html
France was against the Iraqi war because they were stealing money hand over fist out of Iraq through the UN weapons for food program, along with Russia, all the while the UN was taking their 5% cut....
It seems Chirac was the last one to figure out how unimportant He and the French really are on the world stage.... Do you really think France means more to the world than Poland or Bulgaria or Cameroon?? Check your calendar, it's 2003....

perhaps the Brits.

rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

I will be the last one to believe that the big European powers were against
the criminal invasion of Iraq for solely altruistic reasons, but only a bloody fool
will state that the only reason that these powers were against the war for exclusively
monetary reasons. What's it about Americans that they can't understand why the world
gets pissed of when the US goes about invading other countries? Even the Germans
in Nazi Germany were not so blind to their country's ruling regime's faults.

(roll eyes) What does this mean "how unimportant He and the French really are on the world stage"!?!??! I suggest you spend some time reading and living abroad, maybe some understanding of the issues will sink in. France unimportant? To who? Even to the US
it's important, especially as a bulwark against a potentially militarily rising Germany. If
France wasn't important to the US government, would they have made such a fuss such as
they did? Germany and Russia resisted too, they were not vilified like France, it's amazing
what the average US citizen can be frenzied into. "Freedom Fries"? What a bunch of hillbilly
retards.

Pretty stupid question, should be obvious. Poland or Bulgaria or Cameroon
more "important" to the "World" than France? You kidding me?? Is this a
serious question??? I have family on the General Staff of Poland's armed
forces (which used to be something under communism), even they admit
that the only thing that Poland is good for to the US is for bases and basically
being an ass-kissing "yes"-monkey.
Read the following and enlighten yourself on the topic:
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/HardRight/HardRight031303.html
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/News/FrenchQuarter/PetitionReaction.html
Oh dear, Oh DEAR.
Will cp and other just loosen up?
Poor old Ditmire makes a humorous remark and you guys go all red-faced (red-fingered) and angry and start banging on the keyboard -- I can just see it.
Take it easy. Weather is now better in the regions where most of us reside. Open a window and take a deep breath.
DAS --

Had to enlighten the guy

That reminds me, my window stopped working, just in time for summer!
Looking at France's history in Africa, they're the last one's who should be preaching about invading other countries.... I believe they're in Africa right now, if I'm not mistaken....and without UN approval, I might add....
BTW, you refer to "altruistic reasons".... what altruistic reasons could there be for propping up saddam hussein?
Signing off.... Back to Benzes....

over
Russia,
against
bloody fool

exclusively
the world

Germans
faults.
the
are on the world stage"!?!??! I suggest you spend some

will sink in. France unimportant? To who? Even to the US

rising Germany. If

fuss such as

France, it's amazing

bunch of hillbilly

Bulgaria or Cameroon??

basically
Most of the other nonsense doesn't justify a response.... but please explain the "beating youp wife" thing to this stupid american....
and try not to resort to name calling, redneck, believe your gov't, etc....

be
personal experience as a paratrooper in Algeria, he was

invasion doesn't mean they were "preaching" or being

Propping up Saddam? What business is it of yours whether

really that hard to understand that maybe Europe and the rest

Think!!

Alright:
http://ww2.coastal.edu/dearl/PHIL101/Fallacies.html http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~taflinge/tricks.html http://www.majbill.vt.edu/PoliSci/shingles/2024/Logic_Lecture.pdf

I am hardly going to explain why each of those countries supported the Iraq invasion, you must be not too bright if you think they all supported because they felt they were in danger from Iraq. You should educate yourself about how politics works. www.antiwar.com is a start, look at the picture that's on the front page today, and realize why the US is so hated by so many people.

Replies and ignorance such as yours will lead to events in the US which will make 9/11 seem like a picnic.
Check out the letter section for todays antiwar.com, some really good stuff there
http://www.antiwar.com/letters/letters.html
snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr. snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr.com says...

Delusional!
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:01:22 GMT

Please be informed that it was nation versus government situation where governments got their will, not nations'.
It was just very like Soviet occupation in the 40ies. The only difference was that now the formal invitation was missing from Saddam's side.
Stop whining "why they hate us". That's not the problem. The problem is feeling pity for how the whole nation can be blinded by officials and be proud about that.
Helar@off

You shouldn't have replied. American Joe Sixpack and Hisotry, what a combination!

Because most Americans believe everything their government says.
Kal

You're not joe sixpack american!